Covid-19 Travel And Terminal Building Access Restrictions Are in Place at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport:
Terminal access is restricted to airline passengers who are travelling that day, or passengers with a COVID-19 testing appointment pre-booked at the Praxes Medical Group Testing unit, or fully vaccinated patrons of McCurdy's Landing Restaurant - if you are dropping off departing passengers, or picking up arriving passengers, please remain outside and do not enter the terminal.
- Face Masks: Travellers are required to wear a non-medical mask, or face covering throughout the airport and during flights.
- Physical Distancing: Maintain a minimum of 2 meters, or 6-feet distance from others where possible. Remember to continue to practice physical distancing when seated in the departures lounge.
- Travellers Only: Terminal access is restricted to passengers who are travelling on the day, or employees. Meeters and greeters, or those dropping friends and loved ones off at the airport are not permitted to enter the terminal. Passengers with COVID-19 testing appointments pre-booked at the Praxes Medical Group Testing unit, or fully vaccinated patrons of McCurdy's Landing Restaurant are able to enter the terminal.
- Security: At the security check point, listen for instructions from security screening staff.
- Arrival checks: All arriving passengers will be processed by onsite public health officials before leaving the luggage claim area.
- Grab and Go: After arrival checks, please exit the terminal building immediately upon collecting your bags.
Arrive early at the airport for your flight, ensure you have your vaccination documents uploaded in advance, know what entry and testing requirements are required for your travel plan and follow health and safety measures.
Air Canada's Travel Ready Hub has all your travel information in one place!
REMINDER TO ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT A MINIMUM OF 90 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR FLIGHT DEPARTURE TIME:
It is important to arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight, so you have plenty of time to check in, drop off your bags and go through security screening.
- Check-in deadlines
To avoid delays at the airport, we encourage you to check in from 24 hours prior to departure using your airline app or online. If you prefer to check in at the airport, please arrive well before the check-in deadline, so that you are not bumped from your flight.
- Baggage drop-off
Make sure to arrive well before the airline check-in counters close, as you cannot check bags once the deadlines have passed. Overweight baggage can take longer to check.
As processing times at the airport are longer than normal due to COVID-19, it’s important to respect the airline check-in deadlines for your itinerary. Failure to respect them may result in the reassignment of any reserved seats, the cancellation of reservations, and/or ineligibility for denied boarding compensation.
Please check with your individual airline to ensure you are planning to arrive on time for your flight:
September 15, 2021:
PRAXES Medical Group, now offering COVID Testing Services including Rapid Antigen and RT-PCR Testing at the JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport.
PRAXES Medical Group, in partnership with the JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport, is pleased to announce that we are offering COVID Testing Services including Rapid Antigen and RT-PCR Testing starting September 15 at the JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport.
COVID test appointments will be available 7 days per week and can be booked online at https://praxes.ca/covidtest/
PRAXES has been providing telemedicine and remote medical services for over 20 years, and has been providing COVID testing services in Nova Scotia since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For updated information on COVID-19 health and safety measures in place at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport, visit https://sydneyairport.ca/covid-updates.
Airline Schedule Updates:
- Air Canada will operate 5 times per week between Sydney and Montreal Effective Jan 24 through February 2022.
- Air Canada operates a daily flight between Sydney andToronto.
Please contact Air Canada directly for flight booking information - https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home.html#/
WestJet will operate 3 times a week (Mon-Thur-Fri) between Sydney-Halifax during January and February 2022.
Please contact WestJet directly for flight booking information - https://www.westjet.com/en-ca