Province of Nova Scotia Coronavirus Restriction Update Link:
YQY Airline Schedule Updates: August 30, 2020:
- WestJet: Service to/from Halifax operates 2 days per week in September. Halifax to Sydney flights will operate on Monday and Friday. Sydney to Halifax flights operate on Tuesday and Saturday, departing YQY at 1100A.M. Schedule changes can occur with short notice, so passengers are asked to contact WestJet for the latest flight schdule information.. Learn more
- Air Canada: Service to Toronto operates 5 days per week and service to Halifax operates twice a week, with flights to/from Halifax on Monday and Friday. Please contact Air Canada directly for the latest flight information and to review their CleanCare+ Program. Learn more
Coming to JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport? Here’s What You Need To Know
Everyone has a role to play to protect themselves and those around them by practicing good personal hygiene, social distancing and adjusting social norms to reduce contact with others.
If you’re flying in/out of JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport, you are required to wear a face mask in the terminal at all times. Please abide by social distancing recommendations to maintain a 2 meter (6 feet) distance between yourself and others in all areas of the terminal building.
If you are a departing passenger:
- You must wear a mask or face covering at all times inside the terminal.
- ONLY TICKETED PASSENGERS TRAVELLING ON A FLIGHT THAT DAY ARE PERMITTED INSIDE THE TERMINAL, friends and family are not permitted inside the terminal.
If you’re picking up a passenger who is arriving at the airport:
- You must wait in your vehicle, do not come inside the terminal building.
- We’re offering free 1-hour parking in the short-term (parking meters) section of our car parking areas, this is to make pick-ups efficient and safe for all.
- If you’re picking up a passenger, again, please stay in your vehicle and make arrangements for the arriving passenger to meet you outside the terminal. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- If you must assist a passenger upon arrival, please speak with the Commissionaire and advise the details and we will allow one person into the terminal building to help - any person entering the terminal even to assist an arriving passenger MUST wear a face mask at all times in the terminal.
What We’re Doing About COVID-19 at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport?
The Sydney Airport Authority has updated and implemented our Airport Emergency Plan to reflect what we know about COVID-19 and how we can help manage the impact of this virus in our facility and community if needed. Other steps we’re taking include the following:
- We’re asking all passengers and employees to practice social distancing and to maintain a distance 2 meters (6 feet) from others and avoid non-essential gatherings.
- Terminal access is restricted to ticketed airline passengers only who are travelling that day - if you are dropping off departing passengers, or picking up arriving passengers stay in your vehicle, DO NOT ENTER the terminal.
- We’re posting and sharing public health information with a focus on social distancing, wearing face masks, frequent hand washing, and other steps employees and passengers can take to reduce the spread of germs.
- Our cleaners have enhanced surface cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas.
- Floor distancing stickers are placed to allow proper distancing in queues and glass shields are in place at counters.
- We continue to stay in close contact with public health officials federally and provincially to ensure we can share the latest updates with our employees, airport community members and passengers.
- Sydney Airport Authority employees who can safely and effectively work at home are doing so, to limit employee-to-employee contact. Additional precautions are being taken for employees involved in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the airport terminal building and airfield, including social distancing.
- As an employer, we’re supporting the provincial government requirement regarding travel outside of Nova Scotia. Until further notice, any Sydney Airport Authority employee who has travelled outside of Nova Scotia will be required to self-isolate for 14-days upon return.
April 20 Update - Transport Canada Interim Order - Face Covering Requirements for Air Travellers:
Beginning Monday, April 20, all air travellers will be required to bring a removable non-medical mask or face covering with them, as mandated by Transport Canada to further support the health and safety of everyone at the airport and onboard aircraft.
March 30 Update - Transport Canada Interim Order - Health Checks Required for all Departing Passengers:
Effective at noon Monday March 30, 2020 anyone exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be denied boarding.
Under this Transport Canada interim order, airline agents are required to do a health check of all departing passengers to screen for symptoms, including simple health questions, looking for visible signs of illness prior to boarding and recommending that passengers follow guidance from local health authorities.
PLEASE COORPERATE WITH YOUR AIRLINE AGENTS - WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND SUPPORT.
March 22 Update - Province of Nova Scotia State of Emergency:
On 22 March, the Province of Nova Scotia declared a state of emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
The Province is recommending limiting all non-essential travel. If you are entering Nova Scotia after being outside of the province, you must self-isolate for 14 days upon return. Provincial inspectors are now onsite at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport and anyone entering the province will be stopped, questioned, and told to self-isolate for 14 days. The inspectors are also providing information to arriving passengers on how to monitor their health for symptoms of COVID-19. Signage in the terminal is being updated and placed in strategic locations to further communicate this information.
Food, Beverage & Other Services
Chef Todd’s Catering and Deli will be closed until further notice. Beverages and snacks are available in vending machines throughout the terminal.
Say Thank You to Airport Staff !
If you are travelling, please say thank you to all of the incredible employees who are working tirelessly to ensure that safe air travel is still possible for our community. The Sydney Airport Authority and all of our stakeholder and partner employees, are dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of each other and our community. Thank you everyone!